Topic: Rapid UX Research Cycles
Customers are getting smarter while their behaviors are becoming more complex. Companies today are now faced with a very harsh reality: their products and services must deliver immediate and real value. Creating real value requires companies to satisfy customer needs at a deeper, more meaningful level. Traditional demographics and market research use focus groups and surveys to uncover broad trends and patterns. While useful, this data does little to understand the why behind decision-making and retention. In order to get these insights, we need to talk to real people.
Rapid UX research cycles allow critical business decisions to be addressed in weeks rather than months. Although timing is streamlined, quality and rigor are maintained. Formal output takes the form of mental models, Jobs-to-be-done output, journey maps and behavioral personas — based on the need. Rapid UX Research Cycles can help teams already moving in a lean or agile format get the information they need to pivot quickly with an eye for “right sized rigor” and immediately apply outcomes.
What You’ll Learn
- Utilizing rapid research techniques to answer key business questions
- Justification for small-scaled qualitative studies
- Using rigorous synthesis to create behavioral spectra
- How to create an ongoing, iterative process within your product team
- Framing the problem: a hypothesis-based approach
- Sample size: how do you know you have talked to enough people?
- Deep synthesis: open coding / data analysis
- Overall approach / sample hours / key tasks
- Innovation cycles: test concepts against actual needs quickly and effectively
- Sample output – journey maps, behavioral personas & segmentation, mental models
This live seminar includes time for your questions at the end.
All registered participants will get a link to the seminar recording within 3 business days of the event.
Thursday, April 26, 2018
01:00 PM ET / 10:00 AM PT
60 minute online seminar