The gotoresearch work is rooted in accurate, actionable insight. We’ll provide you with a mix of techniques, methodologies, and best practices customized for your audience and your business needs.
- Customer Insight
We believe an insight-driven approach to customer research is critical to business problem solving. We use a variety of UX research techniques to reveal how your customers really think, act, and feel in the context of their daily lives. With rigorous analysis, we turn raw research data into actionable insight and reveal your greatest product and service innovation opportunities.
- UX Strategy
Evolving or launching a new product experience? We provide insight-based UX strategies founded on rigorous ethnographic and contextual research. We’ll recruit research participants, gather data and perform rigorous analysis to reveal actionable insight. We’ll use an array of modeling techniques. including behavioral segmentation, empathy maps, personas and more to develop your product or service Strategy.
- Service Design Strategy
gotoresearch Service Design strategy provides the vision and execution plan for bringing insight-driven innovation into your business. Our Service Design strategies are custom fit to your particular business needs and goals, and to the particular emotions and behaviors of your audience.
- Design Thinking Workshops
gotoresearch’s Service Design approach is rooted in Design Thinking—a formal method of practical and creative problem solving. With Design Thinking Workshops, we explore the value of new product and service ideas and consider the practical challenges of bringing them to market.
- Ethnographic-based & Contextual Studies With ethnographic-based and contextual studies, we provide a wider context for your investment and innovation decisions. We investigate the customer experience in relation to social settings and relationships. We look for patterns, describe the relationships we discover, and identify how your customers currently understand your offerings.
- Concept Co-creation
Co-creation gets you further faster by starting with ideas from your target audience—the things that will really stick. We’ll work with you to ideate around “moments that matter”—those aspects of the product experience that research reveals are most meaningful to your customers. We’ll then work with you, your partners, customers and/or others to co-create concepts for products and services that would lead to a better experience during those crucial moments.
- Empathy & Journey Maps Empathy mapping techniques look deep into the emotional, influential, and less obvious aspects of product experiences. With them, we identify pain points and real moments that matter, and also discover the latent, unexpressed needs of your target audience. Journey Maps sequence observations from contextual research in order to tell a story and understand how each activity relates to all others. Journey Maps build upon Empathy Maps, adding storylines, actors, touch points and big moments to reveal when, how and where your biggest opportunities lie.
- Rapid Prototyping To discover whether an idea is useful, it must be contextualized and presented as a prototype. Thinking by prototyping allows us to bring your ideas to life, better understand them, and thoroughly think them through. We’ll rapidly bring your vision to life on screens, in models, and/or spaces in order to determine which have the best chance of becoming the products and services your customers will love—and use.
- Behavioral Segmentation & Personas
With behavioral segmentation we divide your audience into groups based on their knowledge, attitudes, uses and responses to your products and services. For each group, we develop a persona—a character sketch that represents each audience segment and its unique needs and motivations. We then use these personas as hypothetical actors to test our ideas as we develop and vet effective UX and service design strategies.
- Service Blueprints & Ecosystems
Service Blueprints are strategic planning tools that outline the physical environments, staff actions, support systems, and infrastructure needed to deliver a new product or service across multiple channels. Service Ecosystems are strategic, holistic models for the people, places and points of interaction between your customers, products and services.